Oscars 2019 Betting

Annually at Los Angeles, all of the gorgeous people of Hollywood gather together to hand out gold-plated decorations and tap each other on the back in an event known as the Academy Awards. The first ceremony took place in 1929, and it’s grown into an annual pop culture phenomenon filled with fashion and pageantry. Some watch for the awards, while millions of others listen to find out what the celebs are wearing on the red carpet.
In addition to seeing the event, fans of gambling and/or cinema may also take advantage of Oscars gambling. Many sportsbooks provide a smattering of alternatives around awards season, and the savvy cinephile has an chance to wash up on a couple of underdog bets.
How Oscar Voting Works
Oscar winners are voted on by the members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. There are around 6,000 associates in this organization, 33 percent of which can be comprised of former award nominees. The other 67% have been nominated by current members and voted in by the Academy’s governing body.
In most categories, nominees are determined by the members of the particular category. For example, supervisors determine the nominees for Best Director. The finest Picture nominees are voted on by all members, and groups such as Documentary and Foreign Film are chosen by a special panel.
After the nominees have been announced, members can vote in all available classes. The results have been tabulated and announced during the yearly telecast of the Oscars (held in late February). Being nominated for an Oscar increases a movie’s revenue, and male actors can enjoy a salary bump of up to 81%.
Academy Award Betting Options
Some sportsbooks supply a wide range of wagers for the Oscars, though others limit the amount to one or two. Listed below are among the most frequent:
Futures Winner — Many websites offer you future bets on Oscar winners before the nominations are even announced. The odds are higher due to the level of uncertainty, but the possible payout is also higher.
Outright Winner — All these odds are released after the nominees are announced, and they allow bettors to forecast the outright winners for various categories. Best Picture and Best Actor are always a given, but some websites may take wagers on Screenplay, Cinematography, as well as Best Animated Feature.
Over/Under — If a film is nominated for several Oscars, expect an over/under to be available. In this style of wagering, the bettor must choose if the actual number of awards won will probably be higher or lower than the amount listed by the oddsmaker.
Proposition Bets — Also known as”prop bets,” this type of bet can cover a vast range of subject matter. Examples may include the over/under on the period of the series, the brand of apparel worn by a celebrity, or whether or not the host takes a selfie with someone during the broadcast. Some oddsmakers can get quite wild with this alternative.
Predicting Oscar Winners

Read more here: http://elikagallery.com/?p=628390